Saturday, July 4, 2009

I COULD LIVE IN THE LIBRARY


make my bed on the floor
behind the stacks in Business & Technical,
wash in the women’s restrooms,
eat meals smuggled in knapsacks
by friendly students,
listen to Vivaldi on the ground floor
at the bank of turntables with headphones,
lounge in Periodicals
with the daily paper and a bootleg TV
after closing time,
race up and down the stairwells
to raise my pulse,
collect my mail at the Circulation Desk:
Everyone is fine. The washer broke.
What should I use for diaper rash?
When are you coming home?
Good luck to you and your friend. Libraries are one of my loves and vital to all of us.
Linda

Linda RodriguezHeart's Migration (Tia Chucha Press)
The "I Don't Know How to Cook" Book: Mexican (Adams Media)
http://www.lindarodriguezwrites.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment